Thursday 18 September 2008

The Dreams

Well for the third night in a row now, I've dreamed about eating dairy. It's actually quite amusing.
It's been Muller Rice, Milk on cereal and custard, I've been half way through eating them and then realised "AAAH! I'm eating cow juice!" sort-of-thing.

Although I do have a theory as to why - I recently got to the point where I'm not checking the back of everything, because I'm kinda getting to know what I can and can't eat and I'm just getting the soya milk out of the fridge on auto-pilot and not having to consciously remember not to use diary milk - and sometimes, I'll be half way through some musli and have to think weather I used soya or dairy because I don't actually 'remember'.

I guess that's a good sign though - I'm not always thinking about what I can and can't eat, I'm starting to just 'know' and get on with it.

Also - my hands are starting to go pretty dry, which is strange. One of my friends said that someone she knows is vegan, and he said that it made his hands go dry - to which I thought was pretty weird and couldn't really be down to not eating animal products, but my hands have also gone quite dry. Strange.

Other than that my health is pretty spot on, considering I've been going to bed at stupid o'clock most nights and drinking obscene amount of alcohol! I havn't really had a hang-over since being vegan, and have had alot less of the 'meh' morning feel.

Not really losing any more weight though, probably due to this and the fact that I descovered certain buiscuits are vegan.... and some Walker's crips. *Makes a mental note to cut those out*

Speaking of unhealthy food, I made onion bhajis the other night, they were pretty good, although I only had one onion to spare and they needed much more spices and seasoning than the recipe says. I did attempt to make a second batch a few days after, with more onion and spices... only to find out that we don't have a chip pan any more - so the mixture is in the fridge until we get a deep fat fryer.... hopefully we'll get one before it starts to grow fur.

I'm getting annoyed with places that don't sell vegan lager too - Beck's Veir, at one point, was taking over the world and now it seems that nowhere sells it anymore. Wetherspoons have loads of lagers, none of which are vegan. grrr, but in their defence shorts are pretty reasonably priced, so whiskey and coke it is.

Downside to Beck's Veir is, it seems that the lines need to be cleaned more than most lagers otherwise it tates like crap - after the lines have been cleaned it's nice, sharp and crisp... but after a few days it tastes really thick and...generally not very good.

I've yet to actually eat out, everyone went to Taybarns the other day, it was hard enough eating there as a vegetarian, so I'm not even going to bother as a vegan, unless I plan to eat salad - but then it kind of takes away the value for money aspect.

No comments: