Friday 21 November 2008

An ode to Original Source

Okay, not an ode - I'm not that clever, but at least a little bit of love!

This stuff is amazing, and it's cruelty free. I fell in love with it before I became Vegan, when I got the Lime 'flavoured' one - I say flavoured, because it practically IS. I found myself having 100% more showers just so I can use it, that's sad.

It is wonderful though, there's so many random flavours, I'm currently on Ginger and Orange - and it doesn't sound that good - but it is. I also have some Almond and somthing or other shampoo, which says on the bottle 'Probably more nutritious than what you ate for lunch' - it's probably right.

HOWEVER, I did have a really good soup for lunch today, Fennel and Garlic. Recipe here. I just added 4 cloves of garlic instead of one to make it Fennel and Garlic because I seem to love garlic. I also changed the spices, but I forgot what to, handy. It's kind of like a 'soup' that a Bulgarian friend of mine made me last year - still garlic and fennel, but raw and with fennel seeds, it was pretty good summer soup - just grated garlic, fennel seeds, salt and pepper, plain yoghurt and water. I think I may make that again next summer, vegan yoghurt though, obviously.

Which reminds me of the excellent Shopska salad too - Tomatoes, Cucumber, Onion diced, salted, vinegared, oiled - topped with feta(ish) cheese and sliced boiled egg. Shame about the topping, I wonder how I can vegan that up? I think I saw a feta style cheese, but what could I use for the egg? Maybe something with Tofu?? Scrambled Tofu? Any suggestions please leave as a comment!

Finally - a massive PLUG for peta2. This is great, I suppose it's like the 'youth wing' to PETA with an uber cool Street Team where you earn points, to get stuff. I'm going for the very cool 'Vegan' huddie. 25,000 points though, and I'm currently on 3,200..and something - so yeah, If you're not already registered, REGISTER and in the referer box, my email address is nothsa@hotmail.co.uk ;-). There's a cool forum on there too (which you get points for using!) but it does need some work, not the most user-friendly, or easy to navigate/read/find information - hopefully they'll get this sorted out soon.

Oh, oh - that's NOT all, I'm thinking I want to go and intern with PETA in America, but obviously, not until I turn 21 - obvious reasons. But it would be cool, living (for a while) in America, working for Peta and living in a vegan house - be super amazing at my job, come back to the UK and convince Peta Europe that they want to employ me.

Oh yeah, and I said in another post to try out that Indian if you're in the Stoke On Trent area - don't. After our last order (sending the wrong food, forgetting rice, charging us for 'free' extras, and then being VERY, VERY rude when we rang to say so) I don't think we'll be ordering again. Meh.

Right - I'm actually going now - have fun!

No comments: