Sunday 9 November 2008

Indian Takeaway

Ok, so I've been a bad blogger and it's actually been exactly a month since I've updated - but that's not out of character for me at all. I did, however, find an Indian Takeaway whose Vegetarian dishes are all vegan as they don't use any animal fats since the owners mother apparently had a stroke and he has now learned to cook of of his dishes 'healthily'. I probably wouldn't trust anywhere else, but these guys seem pretty decent.

They even have a live webcam stream from their kitchen - which is pretty awesome and if you order online, it gives you a count-down to how long your order and you'll soon be able to track your delivery! He's also developing the worlds hottest curry, and a fully automated Indian restaurant - if you're in the Stoke area you should definitely give them a go!

On another note, I've been trying some of these wierd and wonderful vegan products, the meat and dairy 'style' ones, none of which I've been all that impressed with Redwoods's 'bacon' was pretty pointless really, didn't taste/look/feel anything like bacon and didn't add anything to the meal. The Turkey 'style' slices wernt too bad though, they were pretty good on a sandwitch.

The 'Sheese' mature chedder was one of the worst things I've tasted in my life. It was just awful and smelled of feet.

I've heard nothing but good about Redwoods ‘Super Melting Cheezly’ though, so I'll have to give that a try!

Another thing I've noticed, Soya milk - there's SO much difference in the taste in this it's unbelievable. I've been trying loads of different brands, and mixing between the stuff you get in the fridges and the stuff you get on the normal shelves (what IS the difference between those?!) because all I've noticed the is the ones on the selves are alot cheeper and very disgusting! Best value I've found so far is Morrison's own brand (from the frdige) - I think it was around 88p /ltr and it was really nice!

One thing which has caught my attention in recent weeks is PETA, I'm growing pretty fond of these guys and the work that they do - especially after reading their blog. There's some pretty good reading on there. I think I may become a member when I get some spare cash, actually!

In the world of weight loss it's now starting to go pretty well, I've cut out 80-90% of the (bad) carbs I was having before - potatoes, white bread, white pasta, white rice etc and replaced them with wholegrain/meal/wheat/whatever and I think it's working pretty well! Woohoo!

I also rejoice in the fact that Bryan Adams has been vegan for 20 years. It almost makes me want to like his music! Try Youtubing him though, it's really strange!

No comments: