Sunday 25 January 2009

Okay, I can't follow recipes!

....even my own!

Yeah, as I'm cooking for this Vegan night, I thought I'd 'perfect' my recipe, so I started by writing down what I normally do (of course, missing out most ingredients because I'm stupid, and having to add them in as i remember) and then basically following it, then as I taste and change add it to it, thus having the perfect recipe on paper. But it's not that easy is it? Oh no!

I followed it to a T, and I seem to have red wine mince in a choking sauce. However, I've added a couple of cups of water and it's starting to reduce down a little bit. But I've come to the conclusion that I really can't follow (or write) recipes. I just hope no-one asks me for the recipe for something I cook.

However, I think I know where I went wrong, so i'll tweak it a little bit and then post it on here so feel free to have a go of following my instructions and see how yours comes out. *shifty eyes*.

In other news, I went shopping with my new vegan recruit yesterday, in Chester of all places. She got Bacon, several cheeses, a pasty thing and rice milk. I got rice milk too, and it was actually 'really' nice - I hadn't tried it since like, the first week I became vegan, and thought it tasted of Play-Doh so haven't bothered since, but they had it in little cartons with straws, like the milk you get in school, and they were only 65p so I got one. I couldn't believe how nice it is, so I think I shall be buying it more often!

I also got a cheese sauce mix, which is... 'okay'. I havn't made it properly yet, as I kind of ignored the instructions the first time, and it came out like... plastic. I'll try again when I make Lasagna. I hear Sheese (or whatever it's called) cream cheese is good for making cheese sauce though. Will have to try that also.

That is all.
Goodbike.

No comments: