Tuesday 23 December 2008

*in the tune of Jingle Bells* Christmas food, Christmas food!

Well Christmas is almost here, Christmas eve tomorrow - if only I was as excited about it as I used to get when I was little - it just doesn't 'feel' like Christmas any more, and I don't think it's because I'm getting old, I've heard alot of other people say it too. Hmmm. I blame Cococola (for changing the adverts) and Woolworths, I'm not sure why the latter, I just do.

But yes, Christmas, normally means death and/or puss (milk based products) buttt, I treated myself to Redwood's 'Celebration Roast' which consists of a Turkey style roast thing and 4 pigs in blankets style things. I hope it's nice, it 'did' rob me just over a fiver (which I suppose isn't that bad, but still) I hope the Turkey stuff is better than rest of Redwood's products (most are exactly the same thing just with different flavourings... hmm).

Twigletts, I have Twiglettes... I've actually never had them before - but as I LOVE Marmite I thought I'd try them - not a fan, why do they 'hurt'?! Obviously the Celebrations and Roses are off the menu, but to be honest I wasn't exactly a fan before, I just kind of eated them for the sake of it, because it's Christmas - like Sherry?!

Nuts, nuts, lots of nuts - Yay... I've also roasted some Soybeans to snack on and my mum has very kindly bought me a fruit basket woohoo! So this could be the first Christmas I've ever had where I havn't put on 4 thousand stone!.... saying that, with the amount of alcohol I intend on consuming I probablly will. Meh.

OH, and I have VEGAN MAYO... I know that's not exactly exciting, but I could never actually justify spending £1.30 or whatever it on a little jar of mayo, which makes you fat anyway, but because it's Christmas and all that..

And I've decided that I'm making Christmas dinner for the family this year, because I don't trust people not to serve me pussy potatoes, so i'm making it and everyone is getting vegan mash. Yay.

Sadly, however, my step-dad got a crate of Foster's (not Vegan), though he also got bottles of Beck's (Vegan) but they're bottles, and go down too fast...... and apparently I'm an alcoholic.

Oh, and I received an email the other day, which I need to remember to reply to - asking if I'm interested in entering for Europe's Sexiest Vegetarian - haha, I don't think I'll bother enterting to be completely honest, I think I'll spare the embarrassment, but if anyone is interested in enterting head over to http://www.peta.org.uk/feat/Europes-sexiest-vegetarian-2009.asp?c=pukesv09 for more details..... does the American winner on that page have a very bazzar belly button, or is it just me?!

Anyway - I'll leave it at that, as I've had a few pre-christmas bevvies already and will probably end up typing crap (well, you know, ever crappier...)... so Merry Christmas to all reading - have a good en!

We wish you a Merry Christmas,
We wish you a Merry Christmas,
We wish you a Merry Christmas,
And a Happppy New Yeaaar!

No comments: